Scandinavia has a large amount of pilgrim routes. Some suited for spiritual walks, others for hiking. Some routes are best travelled by boat, others are suited for bike.
The European Cultural Route is all about culture and the common European heritage. Until the next evaluation of The Route of St. Olav Ways, the Governing Board has decided to prioritize the work along these routes:
- Åbo (Finland) – The Åbo Archipelago – Åland – Grisslehamn – Hudiksvall – Sundsvall (Sweden) – Stiklestad – Nidaros/Trondheim (Norway)
- Padborg – Aalborg – Hirtshals (Denmark) – Stavanger – Nidaros/Trondheim (Norway)
- Padborg – Aalborg – Hirtshals (Denmark) – Larvik – Tønsberg –Nidaros/Trondheim (Norway)
- Padborg – Aalborg – Fredrikshavn (Denmark) – Gøteborg (Sweden) – Halden – Sarpsborg – Oslo – Nidaros/Trondheim (Norway)
- Hirtshals (Denmark) – Larvik (Norway) – Oslo
Leave a Reply